Friday 18 March 2011

Puppet problems






As I made the puppet's head and feet first, I encountered a problem when putting the model together. I made the puppets body pattern from scratch, and out of a stretch material, which resulted in the body being much larger in proportion the the head. As a result I removed the head and decided to re-design it, as it was also too heavy for the skeleton running through the puppet, and would not have animated well. I also wasn't happy with the outcome of the puppet, and felt the head wasn't quite how I had envisioned the character to look. I am currently re-designing the head and strengthening the armature. As it stands, I am considering moving away from the reptile/dragon influence and creating something a little stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment